Chemotherapy Comfort Basket
The Chemotherapy Care Basket contains essential products that help provide comfort and relief for the many symptoms that are often experienced while going through chemotherapy. Some of the stress experienced with treatment is reduced knowing that necessities are
This basket contains:
- Hand Sanitizer - use on hands to kill germs and protect a compromised immune system.
- Gentle Toothpaste - a gentle formulation for a tender dry mouth.
- Extra Soft Toothbrush - for gently brushing teeth and sensitive gums.
- Lip Balm – unscented, helps with chapped, dry cracked lips and corners of the mouth.
- Salve - unscented, for dry, cracked skin on hands and feet.
- Cooling Bandanna - will help manage feeling overheated, sweats, feeling flushed or hot flashes.
- Tea - will help to sooth an upset stomach and provide a sense of calm.
- Fan - to help when feeling overheated.
- Journal - note medications, questions for the doctor, side effects, symptoms, dietary problems, feelings or goals while going through treatment.
- Ginger chews - Ginger can help curb nausea. In a pinch you can add a Ginger chew to a cup of hot water, let it dissolve and sip like tea.
- Gum - provides moisture when the mouth is feeling dry. It acts as a breath freshener and contains Xylitol, a natural sweetener that inhibits the bacteria that causes cavities.
- Resource Materials
Brands may be substituted without notice.
The information above is not meant to take the place of advice or medical treatment by your doctor. Consult your doctor for specific recommendations for your individual situation.